meet.cs.uwindsor.ca Video Conference Web Site
All Computer Science users have access to a free video conferencing Web service that will allow users from anywhere on the Internet to join in without user limits or license fees.
Please use the Google Chrome browser for best results.
To host a conference:
- Visit the Web site meet.cs.uwindsor.ca and enter a room name or choose the randomly generated one. There is no security to the room name so choose one that is easy to enter but hard to randomly guess.
- Select "I am the host" and enter your UWinID username and password.
- Tell the other participants to visit the Web site and enter the room name, or press the Invite button to send them an email link.
To join a conference:
- Visit the URL meet.cs.uwindsor.ca/roomname
- Turn the microphone on when you want to speak
- You can secure a room by giving it a password.
- The owner can mute or remove other users from the video conference.
- When participants join, their microphone is muted at first, but the video camera is on.
- If you want to share all or part of your screen with the participants, you may be prompted to download a plug-in.
- If you are the moderator, look under the settings icon (gear) for additional controls for your video meeting.
- If your video connection freezes, try turning your camera off then back on, or refresh the page in your browser.