The School of Computer Science operates a modern, full-service data centre and computing facility for use by students, faculty and staff. This facility provides:
- Linux desktop environments (remote and terminal-based);
- network-attached file storage (redundant mirroring of all data);
- networking (wireless, copper and fibre connections all separately switched from the rest of campus);
- virtual servers (for a wide variety of specialized applications); domain hosting services (the MyWeb system);
- specialized servers (Windows domain authentication and storage, Team Foundation Server, Oracle databases and Oracle Application Server);
- Windows-based PC's (running Windows 7);
- cloud storage (via ownCloud); data backups and archives; and
- printing facilities.
Most users will access CS resources through the Linux desktops, or from their PC or tablets using our wireless network.