Install CS CA Certificates
For enhanced security, the VMware cluster uses custom SSL certificates to encrypt communications. You must install the custom certificate authority root certificates before you can connect to your virtual machine.
If you are accessing your VM from the Unix servers (alpha, bravo and charlie) you do not need to do this.
See how to download and install certificates and the VMware Horizon View program for Windows PC, Mac, iPad and Android.
Installing on a Windows PC (Windows 7, 8 or 10)
- Download the certificate chain and save it.
- Open the downloaded file.
- In the Certificate pop-up dialog window, press the "Install Certificate..." button to start the wizard
- Select "Local Machine" as the Store Location so that all users of the PC will have this certificate added as trusted and press "Next"
- IMPORTANT: In the Certificate Store dialog, select "Place all certificates in the following store", press the Browse button and select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities" as the location. (see image below)
- Choose the automatic location (default) for the store location
- Press "Finish"
Installing on a OSX Mac
- Download the certificate chain and save it to a file.
- Double-click on the file that you just saved.
- Once the OSX Certificate Manager (Keychain Access) starts, add the new key to the System keychain.
- Enter your Mac's administrator password. You may need to enter it twice.
- If you see a red x next to the certificate icon, select it and press the (i) button at the bottom of the Keychain Access dialog.
- Select "Always Trust" when using this certificate
Installing on a Debian or Ubuntu System
- Download the certificate chain and save it to a file (example horizon.crt)
- Copy the certificate file to the certificate store:
sudo cp horizon.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/horizon.crt
- Update the CA store
Installing on an iPad (iOS)
- Email the certificate to your device. Use this link and enter an email address that you can access from your device.
- Double-tap on the attached file in the Mail app in your iPad and follow the prompts to add the certificate as a profile.
Installing on an Android Tablet
- Download the certificate chain to your Android device.
- It should prompt you for a name and install the certificate. Choose any useful name for you.
- In case the file was downloaded and not installed automatically:
- Open the Settings App and select Security.
- Scroll to the section Credential Storage and click on "Install from Device Storage".
- If you need to choose the file that you downloaded above, you should be able to find it under the Downloads folder.
- Note: Adding a certificate will force you to set a security PIN if you do not already have one on your device.